As always, I am late in writing an award post. Only because life has been doing what it’s best at – playing roller-coaster and screwing me over!
I have always wondered if I would ever get a Blogger Recognition Award and now I did! I am indeed thankful to thejuicenut who writes at pearsnotparsnipsdotcom for having nominated me. For those of you who don’t know, thejuicenut writes about food and health. She shares her journey down the road to becoming a vegetarian, its benefits and some awesome recipes for us to be healthy (and vegetarian!). Do check her blog out. I am sure you’ll love it! 🙂
Now for the next part..
Rule 1: Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Rule 2: Provide a link to the award creator.
Rule 3: Attach the award to your post.
Rule 4: Nominate fifteen other bloggers, excluding yourself and the person who nominated you.
Rule 5: Write a brief story of how you started your blog.
Rule 6: A piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
Rule 7: Comment on the blogs you have named here to let them know you have nominated them.
How I Started My Blog:
I have always had this idea of becoming a famous writer, right from my childhood. But, I never really got around to it because I feared nobody would read/like what I wrote. That fear kept me from publicizing my writing for five years. Then one fine day, I got an update on Facebook saying that a senior of mine had found inspiration somewhere and had started his blog. That was my inspiration to start my blog. Now, I know that’s not much of a story. But, that’s the truth!
My Advice to New Bloggers:
Oh wow! I can advice people now. 😀
So, here’s some of my wisdom:
- Writing jargon does not make a great writer. Keep it simple and call it like you see it!
- Networking is important. Connect with as many bloggers as you can. Not because you need readers, but because you need honest friends and critics.
- Never give up on yourself. You may feel like you’re no good and full of shit at times. But don’t believe that voice in your head. That’s just you!
- If there’s a post you have written and you think is no good, don’t erase it. Publish it or share it with a friend/fellow blogger. Ask for their opinion. If it’s that terrible, they will help you make amends. But no writing should go to waste because you feel it should.
- You needn’t believe me. But this is tested and proven advice!
- Strong Language
- Photographs of the mind
- Teacup Talk
- The Seeds 4 Life
- Mahevash Muses
Congrats and Cheers Guys!! 😀